Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
WIlliam J Wallace; Charles Fletcher Lummis; Ruth DeEtte Simpson; George W Brainerd; Southwest Museum (Los Angeles, Calif.)
|Notes:||Volume 23, number 4 of Southwest Museum publication.
"To help the Southwest fulfill the wisest of all the precepts of the Greeks - 'Know Thyself' - by unlocking to its children its underground treasure-house of knowledge with the master-key of modern anthropology, which is nothing less than the science of man. Declaration of policy of the Southwest Museum"--Cover.
|Description:||p. 97-128 : ill. ; 20 cm.|
|Contents:||Hupa warfare (II) / by William J. Wallace --
Schools for the Navaho --
Borrowed from the enemy: words from Spanish and Indian sources / by Charles F. Lummis --
Recent accessions / by Ruth DeEtte Simpson --
Library Accessions --
Human effigy vessels of pueblo culture / by George W. Brainerd --
Early maize from Bat Cave, New Mexico --
Santa Ana pottery-making.
- Southwest Museum (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New.
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- History.
- Anthropology -- Southwest, New.
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New.
- Hupa Indians.
- Indians of North America -- Warfare.
- Navajo Indians -- Education.
- English language -- Foreign words and phrases.
- Pueblo Indians.
- Effigy pottery.