|提及的人：||Julian Oliver Davidson; Paul Hamilton Hayne; Ballard family.; Jessie Lee Thompson Ballard; George Washington Cable; Thompson family.; Josephus Daniels; Eugene Field; Edward Everett Hale, Jr.; Joel Chandler Harris; William Dean Howells; Thomas Hutchinson; Lloyd Mifflin; Meredith Nicholson; Walter Hines Page; Whitlaw Reid; Theodore Roosevelt; Antoinette Prudence Wakeman; Lew Wallace; Susan Arnold Elston Wallace; Frances Elizabeth Willard|
|描述：||5 linear ft. (11 boxes), 3 bound volumes (BV), and 1 oversized paper (OP)|
The collection consists of the papers of Maurice Thompson, his wife, Alice Lee Thompson, their daughter Jessie T. Ballard, and Maurice's brother Will Thompson from 1865-1940. The collection includes manuscripts, correspondence and family papers, clippings, sketches, photographs and negatives, memorabilia, printer proofs, printed extracts, and scrapbooks. The manuscripts include short stories, book-length stories, nature sketches and wild-life stories, essays, articles, lectures, and poetry. Photographs depict family and literary figures. The correspondence pertains to Thompson's writing and publishing and includes many letters from other authors. The collection also includes extracts from magazines, clippings from newspapers, and printers' proofs of some of Thompson's works; family correspondence and papers; and a number of pencil, ink, and crayon sketches made by Maurice and by his wife Alice; scrapbooks and of papers of other members of the Thompson family. One broadside of a Civil War poem is by Will Thompson; a few other poems by Will Thompson are included in the collection. Two family Bibles containing family records are also part of these papers. There is also a positive microfilm of Maurice Thompson: a biographical and critical study by Otis B. Wheeler, University of Minnesota Press, 1951. The papers of Jesse Ballard, a journalist with the Atlanta Journal Magazine, includes correspondence, clippings of her published articles, accounts books, a journal (1889), manuscripts of her stories, and a scrapbook and biographical notes about her father, Maurice Thompson.
- Davidson, Julian Oliver, -- 1853-1894.
- Hayne, Paul Hamilton, -- 1830-1886.
- Crawfordsville (Ind.) Athenian Club.
- Phi Beta Kappa.
- Independent (New York, N.Y.) -- History.
- African Americans.
- American literature -- Southern States -- 19th century.
- Authors, American.
- Lectures and lecturing.
- Nature stories, American.
- Poetry, American -- 19th century.
- Poets, American -- 19th century.
- Publishers and publishing.
- Women authors -- 19th century.
- Women's rights.
- Crawfordsville (Ind.)
- Okeechobee (Fla.)
- Okefenokee Swamp (Ga. and Fla.)
- Ballard family.
- Ballard, Jessie Lee Thompson.
- Cable, George Washington, -- 1844-1925.
- Thompson family.
- Daniels, Josephus, -- 1862-1948.
- Field, Eugene, -- 1850-1895.
- Hale, Edward Everett, -- Jr., -- 1863-1932.
- Harris, Joel Chandler, -- 1848-1908.
- Howells, William Dean, -- 1837-1920.
- Hutchinson, Thomas.
- Mifflin, Lloyd, -- 1846-1921.
- Nicholson, Meredith, -- 1866-1947.
- Page, Walter Hines, -- 1855-1918.
- Reid, Whitlaw.
- Roosevelt, Theodore, -- 1858-1919.
- Wakeman, Antoinette Prudence.
- Wallace, Lew, -- 1827-1905.
- Wallace, Susan Arnold Elston.
- Willard, Frances Elizabeth, -- 1839-1898.