|提及的人：||William Bradford; Benjamin Church; William Bradford; Benjamin Church; William Bradford; Benjamin Church; Benjamin Church, Soldat.; William Bradford, Politiker.|
|描述：||xvii, 461 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm|
From the perilous ocean crossing to the shared bounty of the first Thanksgiving, the Pilgrim settlement of New England has become enshrined as our most sacred national myth. Yet, as author Philbrick reveals, the true story of the Pilgrims is much more than the well-known tale of piety and sacrifice; it is a 55-year epic. The Mayflower's religious refugees arrived in Plymouth Harbor during a period of crisis for Native Americans, as disease spread by European fishermen devastated their populations. Initially the two groups maintained a fragile working relationship. But within decades, New England erupted into King Philip's War, a savage conflict that nearly wiped out colonists and natives alike, and forever altered the face of the fledgling colonies and the country that would grow from them. Philbrick has fashioned a fresh portrait of the dawn of American history--dominated right from the start by issues of race, violence, and religion.--From publisher description.
- Pilgrims (New Plymouth Colony)
- Massachusetts -- History -- New Plymouth, 1620-1691.
- Bradford, William, -- 1590-1657.
- Church, Benjamin, -- 1639-1718.
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1600-1750.
- Whitman College -- Memorial bookplates -- Class of 2002.
- Indians of North America -- Wars.
- New Plymouth.
- Church, Benjamin -- Soldat.
- Bradford, William -- Politiker.
- History, American + Canadian(222 资料)
由 robwithers 已更新 大约3天前
- Thanksgiving(10 资料)
由 jamiedcox 已更新 大约三周前
- Early American Literature & History(209 资料)
由 runningbeard 已更新 2016-07-13
- Research paper(1 资料)
由 McKensey.blair 已更新 2016-02-08
- A. David Wunsch American History Collection at UMass Lowell Libraries(38 资料)
由 UMLLibraries 已更新 2015-12-17