Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Plans and designs
Designs and plans
|Named Person:||Charles Follen McKim; William Rutherford Mead; Stanford White; William M Kendall; William S Richardson|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||McKim, Mead & White,|
|Notes:||The family letters of Stanford White is held in the Manuscript Dept. at the Society.|
|Description:||ca. 49,000 architectural drawings and specifications : ink on linen, blueprints, and other media. ca. 1,500 photographic prints and glass and film negatives. ca. 20 photograph albums. ca. 650 boxes of correspondence. ca. 200 items.|
McKim, Mead & White commissions at the Society include Shingle Style, Colonial Revival, and other country houses in Newport, Rhode Island; urban residences such as the Villard Houses, New York; Boston Public Library; Rhode Island State Capitol; Prospect Park entrances, Brooklyn, New York; Pierpont Morgan Library, New York; and Pennsylvania Station, New York. The Interborough Rapid Transit Powerhouse, New York, and the restoration of the University of Virginia rotunda represent less typical projects. After 1909, William M. Kendall, William S. Richardson, and other junior partners carried on the firm's work with such commissions in New York City as the Central Post Office, the Hotel Pennsylvania, and the Racquet and Tennis Club.
- McKim, Charles Follen, -- 1847-1909.
- Mead, William Rutherford, -- 1846-1928.
- White, Stanford, -- 1853-1906.
- Kendall, William M.
- Richardson, William S.
- Architecture, Domestic -- Shingle style.
- Colonial revival (Architecture)
- Country homes -- Rhode Island -- Newport.
- Villard Houses (New York, N.Y.)
- Columbia University -- Buildings.
- Harvard University -- Buildings.
- Madison Square Garden (New York, N.Y. : 1890-1925) -- Plans and designs.
- Boston Public Library.
- Rhode Island State House (Providence, R.I.)
- Prospect Park (New York, N.Y.)
- Pierpont Morgan Library.
- Pennsylvania Station (New York, N.Y.)
- Interborough Rapid Transit Company -- Buildings.
- University of Virginia -- Buildings.
- Post office buildings -- New York (State)
- Hotel Pennsylvania (New York, N.Y.)
- Racquet and Tennis Club (New York, N.Y.)
- Architecture, Domestic -- United States.
- Architecture -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Designs and plans.
- Architecture -- United States -- 20th century -- Designs and plans.
- Commercial buildings -- United States -- Designs and plans.
- Public buildings -- United States -- Designs and plans.
- Historic buildings -- United States -- Designs and plans.
- Floor plans