S M Stirling
|描述：||497 pages : map ; 24 cm|
In the tenth year of The Change, the survivors in western Oregon have learned how to live in a world without technology--but there are those who would exploit the new world order. On one side stands Michael Havel's Bearkillers and their allies, Clan MacKenzie under the leadership of Juniper MacKenzie. On the other is the Lord Protector, Norman Arminger, the Warlord of Portland, whose neo-feudal empire rules over much of the Pacific Northwest. The tensions between factions have been building for some time, and the only reason they haven't met on the battlefield is because Arminger's daughter has fallen into Clan MacKenzie's hands. But a plan to retrieve her threatens to plunge the entire region into open warfare.--From publisher description.
- Regression (Civilization) -- Fiction.
- Oregon -- Fiction.
- Exiles -- Fiction.
- Women kidnap victims -- Fiction.
- Communities -- Fiction.
- Community life -- Fiction.
- Kidnapping -- Fiction.
- Problem solving -- Fiction.
- Rescues -- Fiction.
- Interpersonal conflict -- Fiction.
- Social conflict -- Fiction.
- Imaginary wars and battles -- Fiction.
- Pacific Northwest -- Fiction.
- Regression (Civilization)