Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Records and correspondence
|Named Person:||George A Custer; Louis McLane Hamilton; Robert Mayhew West|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
George A Custer; Robert Mayhew West; United States. Army. Cavalry, 7th.; Edward E. Ayer Manuscript Collection (Newberry Library); Newberry Library.
|Notes:||Forms part of the Edward E. Ayer Manuscript Collection (Newberry Library).
Title from beginning of text.
Endorsement on verso of first leaf: Death of Captain Hamilton - Original Resolution.
For more information, consult the Special Collections Info. File.
|Description:||1 item (3 leaves) ; 25 cm|
George Armstong Custer, who signed the resolutions, presided over the meeting and Robert Mayhew West served as its secretary. Noted are "the respect and estimation in which the deceased was held," and the fact that Hamilton's grandfather, Alexander Hamilton, had also served his country with honor and devotion. Copies of the resolution were directed to be sent to Hamilton's relatives, the Army and Navy journal, and the Daily Eagle (Poughkeepsie, N.Y., newspaper).
- Custer, George A. -- (George Armstrong), -- 1839-1876 -- Autographs.
- Hamilton, Louis McLane, -- -1868.
- West, Robert Mayhew, -- -1869.
- United States. -- Army. -- Cavalry, 7th -- Records and correspondence.
- Cheyenne Indians -- Wars -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Washita Campaign, 1868-1869 -- Sources.
- Manuscripts, American -- Oklahoma -- Fort Supply.