Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Records and correspondence
|Named Person:||Melchiorre Mauro-Cottone; Marco Enrico Bossi; Enrico Caruso; Nina Morgana; Elsa Respighi; Ottorino Respighi; Samuel Lionel Rothafel; Marco Enrico Bossi; Enrico Caruso; Melchiorre Mauro-Cottone; Nina Morgana; Elsa Respighi; Ottorino Respighi; Samuel Lionel Rothafel|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Melchiorre Mauro-Cottone; Marco Enrico Bossi; Enrico Caruso; Marcel Dupré; Clarence Eddy; Aurora Mauro-Cottone; Nina Morgana; Elsa Respighi; Ottorino Respighi; Samuel Lionel Rothafel; Pietro A Yon; Capitol Theatre (New York, N.Y.); Central Synagogue (New York, N.Y.); Philharmonic Society of New York.
|Language Note:||The Professional papers series contains correspondence in Italian and English (including some English translations of Italian documents). Other items in Italian may be found throughout this series as well.|
|Description:||6 linear feet (12 boxes)|
Most of the scores are manuscript and include a large collection of hymns and other music for Roman Catholic Masses. Correspondence, some of which is in Italian, is mainly on professional matters and includes letters from several Italian and Italian-American musicians of enduring and transitory fame, including Marco Enrico Bossi, Enrico Caruso, Elsa and Ottorino Respighi, and Nina Morgana. Especially well-documented is Mauro-Cottone's involvement with Bossi's ill-fated 1925 American tour. Programs and clippings primarily relate to Mauro-Cottone's own performances, but the collection also includes programs autographed by the Respighis for two New York premieres, as well as some of Aurora Mauro-Cottone's early recital programs. The photographs mainly consist of autographed portraits, including those of fellow organists, Bossi, Marcel Dupré, Clarence Eddy, and Pietro Yon. Another item of note is the manuscript for Mauro-Cottone's unpublished instructional manual, Piano and theory in concise form (1934-1935).
- Mauro-Cottone, Melchiorre, -- 1885-1938.
- Bossi, Marco Enrico, -- 1861-1925 -- Correspondence.
- Caruso, Enrico, -- 1873-1921 -- Correspondence.
- Morgana, Nina, -- 1891-1986 -- Correspondence.
- Respighi, Elsa, -- 1894-1996 -- Correspondence.
- Respighi, Ottorino, -- 1879-1936 -- Correspondence.
- Rothafel, Samuel Lionel, -- 1881-1936 -- Correspondence.
- Choral music.
- Church music.
- Organists -- United States.
- Organ music -- Scores.
- Bossi, Marco Enrico, -- 1861-1925.
- Caruso, Enrico, -- 1873-1921.
- Morgana, Nina, -- 1891-1986.
- Respighi, Elsa, -- 1894-1996.
- Respighi, Ottorino, -- 1879-1936.
- Rothafel, Samuel Lionel, -- 1881-1936.
- United States.