Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Early works to 1850
|Material Type:||Government publication, National government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Aaron Haight Palmer; United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on the Library.
"Referred to the Committee on the Library, and ordered to be printed."
"Prospectus: The unknown countries of the East": p. -76.
Includes 2 folded maps: Northeast Asia; Isthmus of Nicaragua.
|Description:||76,  p.,  folded leaves of plates : 2 maps ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||1. Siberia, its valuable products and rich gold mines --
2. Russian overland trade with China at Kiakta, &c. --
3. Manchuria and the river Amur, &c. --
4. Island of Tarakay, or Saghalien --
5. Russian and Japanese Kurile Islands, &c. --
6. Steam communication with China --
7. Special mission to the East --
8. Policy of encouraging immigration of Chinese agricultural laborers to California. Railroad from the Mississippi to the bay of San Francisco --
9. Ship canal from the Atlantic to the Pacific --
Prospectus: The unknown countries of the East / by Aaron H. Palmer.
|Series Title:||Mis. doc. (United States. Congress. Senate), 30th Congress, 1st session, no. 80.|
|Responsibility:||by Aaron H. Palmer.|
- Chinese -- California.
- Foreign workers, Chinese -- California.
- Railroads -- West (U.S.) -- Early works to 1850.
- United States -- Foreign economic relations.
- Siberia (Russia) -- Foreign economic relations.
- Manchuria (China) -- Foreign economic relations.
- Canals, Interoceanic.
- Aleutian Islands (Alaska)