Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Controversial literature Periodicals Early works to 1800
Periodicals Early works to 1800
|Named Person:||Napoleon, Emperor of the French; Napoleon, Emperor of the French|
|Material Type:||Document, Periodical, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File, Journal / Magazine / Newspaper|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Mallet du Pan, M.
|Notes:||Principal author and editor: M. Jacques Mallet du Pan.
Text in French.
Note below title of v. 1: "Nos. I. II. & III. contenant un essai historique sur la destruction de la ligue et de la liberte Helvetique." The first issue has a separate title page with this title.
Imprints include dates.
Some volumes read: "a Londres" within an ornamental rule, and the ornamental rule between imprint and date is shorter than the imprint date.
Variant imprint on some volumes gives "a Londres" in large swash capitals; the plain rule between imprint and date is longer than in the other printing.
Below imprint date: "Prix six chelins."
Title to vols. 4-5 enlarged by the insertion of the words: "Seconde annee" between the words "tems." and "Par."
With continuous pagination in each volume.
M. du Pan's work on Swiss independence and European political affairs during the period of Napoleonic expansion. Nos. 1-3 include a political history of Switzerland; subsequent numbers analyze, country by country, current political events in Europe. Great Britain is discussed last in each issue, with praise. Vol. 5 concludes with an appeal for funds to aid the cause of Swiss independence and an account of Mallet du Pan's death and funeral.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
|Reproduction Notes:||Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web.|
|Description:||5 volumes 20 cm (8°)|
|Other Titles:||Mercure Britannique.
Notices historiques et critiques ...
- Napoleon -- I, -- Emperor of the French, -- 1769-1821 -- Controversial literature -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
- France -- History -- Revolution, 1789-1799 -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
- Switzerland -- History -- Helvetic Republic, 1789-1803 -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1760-1820 -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
- Europe -- History -- 18th century -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
- Napoleon -- I, -- Emperor of the French, -- 1769-1821.