Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||J W Abert|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
J W Abert; United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers.; United States. President (1845-1849 : Polk)
"Journal of Lieutenant J.W. Abert [Colonel, Corps of Topographical Engineers], from Bent's Fort to St. Louis, in 1845": p. 2-75.
Folded map entitled: Map showing the route pursued by the exploring expedition to New Mexico and the southern Rocky Mountains made under the orders of Captain J.C. Fremont, U.S. Topographical Engineers and conducted by Lieut. J.W. Abert, assisted by Lieut. W.G. Peck, U.S.T.E. during the year 1845.
|Description:||75 p.,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : 10 ill., 2 maps ; 23 cm.|
|Series Title:||Senate document (United States. Congress. Senate), 29th Congress, 1st session, no. 438.|
|Other Titles:||Journal of Lieutenant J.W. Abert, from Bent's Fort to St. Louis, in 1845|
- Great Plains -- Discovery and exploration.
- Southwest, New -- Discovery and exploration.
- West (U.S.) -- Discovery and exploration.
- Canadian River Valley -- Discovery and exploration.
- Abert, J. W. -- (James William), -- 1820-1897 -- Diaries.
- Comanche Indians -- Canadian River Valley -- History.
- Kiowa Indians -- Canadian River Valley -- History.