Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Canaday, John, 1907-1985.
Metropolitan seminars in art.
[New York] : Metropolitan Museum of Art, ©1958-1960
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Canaday; Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.)
|Notes:||Review questions, 1 p. in pocket of each portfolio.
Pronunciation guide, 2 p. in pocket of each portfolio.
|Description:||12 portfolios : illustrations, color plates ; 33 cm|
|Contents:||1. What is a painting? --
2. Realism: the painter and the world around us --
3. Expressionism: the painter and the world he creates --
4. Abstracts: the painter and the world we never see --
5. Composition: pictures as patterns --
6. Composition: pictures as structures --
7. Composition: arrangement as expression --
8. Techniques: fresco --
9. Techniques: tempera and oil --
10. Techniques: water color, pastel, etching, engraving --
11. The artist as a social critic --
12. The artist as a visionary.
|Responsibility:||by John Canaday.|