John Lind; Federico Adams; Eliseo Arrendondo; William Jennings Bryan; William A Burnside; Venustiano Carranza; Weetman Pearson Cowdray, Viscount; Louis D'Antin; Félix Díaz; Charles A Douglas; Sloan W Emery; Frank Friday Fletcher; James N Galbraith; George R Hackley; Herbert L Hall; Edward Mandell House; Victoriano Huerta; Franklin K Lane; Robert Lansing; William A Moffett; Robert Hammond Murray; Loring Olmsted; Nelson O'Shaughnessy; Arnold Shanklin; J J Slade; Pancho Villa; Henry Lane Wilson; Woodrow Wilson; Emiliano Zapata
|注意：||The remainder of the John and Norman Lind papers, which have not been microfilmed, are cataloged separately.
Available on interlibrary loan, and for sale to Minnesota residents and institutions, from the Minnesota Historical Society. Inquiries regarding purchase by non-Minnesota residents and institutions should be directed to LexisNexis.
|描述：||7 microfilm reels.|
The heart of the papers are the diplomatic dispatches, in which government officials in Washington, D.C., and Lind and other diplomats in Mexico City and Veracruz kept each other informed of local developments. There is information on economic, social, political, military, and religious conditions and events in Mexico; diplomatic negotiations with the government of Victoriano Huerta; British involvement in the Mexican oil industry; Lind's recommendations for diplomatic strategy and tactics, particularly those aimed at helping the Constitutionalists remove Huerta from power; and numerous related matters.
After Lind's return to the United States in 1914, the papers document his participation in diplomatic negotiations following the U.S. occupation of Veracruz, his activities as a liaison between Emiliano Zapata and the State Department, U.S. relations with the government of Venustiano Carranza, General John J. Pershing's 1916 punitive expedition against Francisco (Pancho) Villa, Mexico's role in World War I, and other developments in the revolution and in relationships among Mexico, America, and Great Britain.
Correspondents include Secretary of State William Jennings Bryan, Nelson O'Shaughnessy, Federico Adams, James N. Galbraith, George R. Hackley, Sloan W. Emery, Louis d'Antin, Robert H. Murray, William A. Burnside, Arnold Shanklin.
- United States. -- Army -- History -- Punitive Expedition into Mexico, 1916.
- Diplomatic and consular service, American.
- Elections -- United States.
- Investments, Foreign -- Mexico.
- World War, 1914-1918.
- Mexico -- Church history -- 20th century.
- Mexico -- Economic conditions -- 20th century.
- Mexico -- Foreign relations -- Great Britain.
- Mexico -- Foreign relations -- United States.
- Mexico -- History -- Revolution, 1910-1920.
- Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1910-1946.
- Mexico -- Social conditions -- 20th century.
- Minnesota -- Politics and government -- 1898-1918.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Mexico.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1901-1953.
- United States. -- Army.
- Diplomatic relations.
- Economic history.
- Investments, Foreign.
- Political science.
- Social history.
- Great Britain.
- United States.