Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Exhibition, pictorial works
Pictorial works Exhibitions
|Named Person:||Robert Capa; Gerta Taro; David Seymour; Robert Capa; David Seymour; Gerta Taro|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Robert Capa; Gerta Taro; David Seymour; Cynthia Young; International Center of Photography.
|Notes:||"Lost since 1939, the Mexican Suitcase contains nearly 4,500 negatives documenting the Spanish Civil War by Robert Capa, Chim (David Seymour), and Gerda Taro. These films had traveled from Paris via the south of France to Mexico City, where, almost seventy years later, they were rediscovered and now reside in the collection of the International Center of Photography"--Slipcase.
Published in conjunction with the exhibition held September 24, 2010-January 9, 2011 at the International Center of Photography, New York.
Issued in paper slipcase with both sides opened.
|Description:||2 volumes : illustrations (some color), facsimiles, maps, portraits ; 31 cm|
|Contents:||v. 1. The history --
v. 2. The films.
|Responsibility:||edited by Cynthia Young.|
- Capa, Robert, -- 1913-1954 -- Exhibitions.
- Taro, Gerta, -- 1910-1937 -- Exhibitions.
- Seymour, David, -- 1911-1956 -- Exhibitions.
- Spain -- History -- Civil War, 1936-1939 -- Pictorial works -- Exhibitions.
- War photography -- Exhibitions.
- Photojournalism -- Exhibitions.
- International Center of Photography -- Exhibitions.
- Capa, Robert, -- 1913-1954.
- Seymour, David, -- 1911-1956.
- Taro, Gerta, -- 1910-1937
- International Center of Photography.
- War photography.