Clippings (Information artifacts)
|提及的人：||Michael Ellis; Bette Davis; Walter Slezak; Arthur Godfrey; Shelley Berman; Van Heflin; Karl Malden; Israel Horovitz; Anne Baxter; Sandy Dennis; Geraldine Page; James Russo; Billy Dee Williams|
|描述：||18.0 linear ft. (56 boxes)|
|其他題名：||Papers of Michael Ellis|
The Michael Ellis Papers include correspondence, program, clippings, photographs, miscellaneous production records, miscellaneous financial records, playscripts, scrapbooks, etc., all pertaining to his long career in the theatre, as performer, stage manager, director, and particularly as producer. Comprising the core of the collection are the files on sixteen plays Mr. Ellis produced on Broadway and Off-Broadway, from 1948 to 1969. Also included are files on five additional plays which he considered seriously but from which he later withdrew, 1965-67, miscellaneous files pertaining to his company, Michael Ellis Productions, 1964-67, those covering the preceding period as owner-director of Bucks County Playhouse, 1954-64, and his early career, with early plays well documented in the scrapbooks. The papers, while not complete, do provide and extensive record of a lifetime devoted to the theatre. After her death in 1981, Mr. Ellis sent Dorothy P. White's (his mother-in-law) investment records to the Curtis Collection. These have been filed with the appropriate plays in Series VIII, the folders labeled Dorothy P. White file; for some plays, Mrs. White's files provide the only financial record we have. The Kozak Schwart records were also added to the collection in 1983. They detail the financial records of two investment companies.
- Ellis, Michael, -- 1917-
- Davis, Bette, -- 1908-1989 -- Correspondence.
- Slezak, Walter, -- 1902-1983 -- Correspondence.
- Godfrey, Arthur, -- 1903-1983 -- Correspondence.
- Berman, Shelley -- Correspondence.
- Heflin, Van, -- 1910-1971 -- Correspondence.
- Malden, Karl -- Correspondence.
- Horovitz, Israel -- Correspondence.
- Baxter, Anne -- Correspondence.
- Dennis, Sandy -- Correspondence.
- Page, Geraldine -- Correspondence.
- Russo, James -- Correspondence.
- Williams, Billy Dee, -- 1937- -- Correspondence.
- Bucks County Playhouse (New Hope, Pa.)
- Parker Playhouse (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
- Theatrical producers and directors -- United States.
- Theater -- United States.
- Performing arts -- United States.