|注意：||Cataloged as part of the Georgia Archives and Manuscripts Automated Access project: A Special Collections Gateway Program of the University Center in Georgia.|
|描述：||1.5 linear ft.|
The collection consists of papers of Michael Kenney from 1964-1965. The papers include correspondence, reports, and printed material documenting Kenney's activities as a civil rights worker with the Council of Federated Organizations in Winston and Holmes Counties (Miss.) The correspondence contains both incoming and carbon typescripts of Kenney's outgoing letters. The correspondence and reports detail Kenney's daily activities, his impressions of the area and the people, violence and resistance he encounters, problems with voter registration, Kenney's work with sharecroppers and the Agricultural Stabilization Commission, and the activities of the Holmes County Freedom Democratic Party.
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Mississippi.
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi.
- Sharecroppers -- Mississippi.
- Voter registration -- Mississippi.
- Holmes County (Miss.) -- Race relations.
- Winston County (Miss.) -- Race relations.