Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
copper engravings (visual works)
Early works to 1800
Pre-Linnean works Early works to 1800
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Robert Hooke; Christopher Wren, Sir; John Martyn; James Allestry; Royal Society (Great Britain). Council.
|Language Note:||In English with Greek references.|
|Notes:||Title page in red and black.
Printer's device on title page with: "Nvllivs In Verba."
Epistole dedicatory to the King signed Robert Hook.
Includes an initial imprimatur leaf by the Council of the Royal Society of London, dated "Novem. 23. 1664."
Errata notes on p. , at end.
Includes printed marginal notes.
Signatures: [pi]² A² a-g² B-C² D-2K⁴ 2L-2M²
|Description:||, 246,  p.,  leaves of plates (copperplate, some some folded) ; 31 cm. (fol.)|
|Other Titles:||Some physiological descriptions of minute bodies made by magnifying glasses|
|Responsibility:||by R. Hooke, fellow of the Royal Society.|
- Microscopy -- Early works to 1800.
- Natural history -- Pre-Linnean works -- Early works to 1800.
- Light -- Early works to 1800.
- Hair -- Early works to 1800.
- Snowflakes -- Early works to 1800.
- Orion (Constellation) -- Early works to 1800.
- Natural History.
- Natural history.
- Deep space -- Orion (Constellation)