Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Morley Winograd; Michael D Hais
|Description:||xviii, 309 pages ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||The rise and fall of political parties in America --
Idealist and civic eras in American history --
Politicians love to talk --
Meet the millennials --
Millennials will spearhead the coming political realignment --
The realignment begins --
Winning without the mother's milk of politics --
The technology tsunami --
Social networks will change America's political map --
Winning the technology arms race --
Triggering a new America --
Who will party with whom? --
Who will lead the realignment? --
Rebuilding America's civic infrastructure --
Public policy in a millennial era.
|Responsibility:||Morley Winograd, Michael D. Hais.|
It is impossible to understand the race for the presidency and the phenomenal rise of Barack Obama without understanding the new generation of voters which has been drawn to him in numbers and in ways scarcely anyone had anticipated, and some, especially those in the Clinton campaign, still can not believe. In their remarkable new book, Millenial Makeover, Winograd and Hais tell us more about what this new generation thinks and what it expects than anyone has done before or is likely to do again. Conservative or liberal, Democrat or Republican, if you have an interest in politics or public affairs this is a book you cannot afford not to read. I am giving it five stars, but only because I cannot give it six.
"We found similar generational patterns to Winograd and Hais in our recent paper entitled 'The Millennial Pendulum.' Our paper added one small methodological refinement--we tracked political opinions
- Political participation -- Technological innovations -- United States.
- Online social networks -- Political aspects -- United States.
- Blogs -- Political aspects -- United States.
- Voting research -- United States.
- Political parties -- United States.
- United States -- Politics and government -- Blogs.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 2001-2009.
- Politische Beteiligung.
- Politische Generation.
User lists with this item (17)
- Things I Recommend(3 items)
by michellehei updated 2014-04-19
- New Books @ Stamford(247 items)
by stamref updated 2012-06-02
- Technology's impact on thinking/behavior(8 items)
by firstyrlibrarian updated 2011-02-11
- 1AS120 America's foundations(38 items)
by YSJArts updated 2011-01-05
- Things I Recommend(11 items)
by tubeclip updated 2010-07-01