Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Carol S Dweck
|ISBN:||1400062756 9781400062751 9780345472328 0345472322|
|Description:||x, 276 p. ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||1. The mindsets : Why do people differ? ; What does all this mean for you? The two mindsets ; A view from the two mindsets ; So, what's new? ; Self-insight: who has accurate views of their assets and limitations? ; What's in store --
2. Inside the mindsets : Is success about learning, or proving you're smart? ; Mindsets change the meaning of failure ; Mindsets change the meaning of effort ; Questions and answers --
3. The truth about ability and accomplishment : Mindset and school achievement ; Is artistic ability a gift? ; The danger of praise and positive labels ; Negative labels and how they work --
4. Sports: the mindset of a champion : The idea of the natural ; "Character" ; What is success? ; What is failure? ; Taking charge of success ; What does it mean to be a star? ; Hearing the mindsets --
5. Business: mindset and leadership : Enron and the talent mindset ; Organizations that grow ; A study of mindset and management decisions ; Leadership and the fixed mindset ; Fixed-mindset leaders in action ; Growth-mindset leaders in action ; A study of group processes ; Groupthink versus we think ; The praised generation hits the workforce ; Are negotiators born or made? ; Corporate training: are managers born or made? ; Are leaders born or made? --
6. Relationships: mindsets in love (or not) : Relationships are different ; Mindsets falling in love ; The partner as enemy ; Competition: who's the greatest? ; Developing in relationships ; Friendship ; Shyness ; Bullies and victims: revenge revisited --
7. Parents, teachers, and coaches: where do mindsets come from? : Parents (and teachers): messages about success and failure ; Teachers (and parents): what makes a great teacher (or parent)? ; Coaches: winning through mindset ; Our legacy --
8. Changing mindsets : The nature of change ; The mindset lectures ; A mindset workshop ; Brainology ; More about change ; Taking the first step ; People who don't want to change ; Changing your child's mindset ; Mindset and willpower ; Maintaining change ; The road ahead --
|Responsibility:||Carol S. Dweck.|
Mindset is one of those rare books that can help you make positive changes in your life and, at the same time, see the world in a new way. A leading expert in motivation and personality psychology, Carol Dweck has discovered in more than twenty years of research that our mindset is not a minor personality quirk: it creates our whole mental world. It explains how we become optimistic or pessimistic. It shapes our goals, our attitude toward work and relationships, and how we raise our kids, ultimately predicting whether or not we will fulfill our potential. Dweck has found that everyone has one of two basic mindsets. If you have the fixed mindset, you believe that your talents and abilities are set in stone--either you have them or you don't. You must prove yourself over and over, trying to look smart and talented at all costs. This is the path of stagnation. If you have a growth mindset, however, you know that talents can be developed and that great abilities are built over time. This is the path of opportunity--and success. Dweck demonstrates that mindset unfolds in childhood and adulthood and drives every aspect of our lives, from work to sports, from relationships to parenting. She reveals how creative geniuses in all fields--music, literature, science, sports, business--apply the growth mindset to achieve results. Perhaps even more important, she shows us how we can change our mindset at any stage of life to achieve true success and fulfillment. She looks across a broad range of applications and helps parents, teachers, coaches, and executives see how they can promote the growth mindset.
- Belief and doubt.
- Success -- Psychological aspects.
- Set (Psychology)
User lists with this item (39)
- Carol Dweck - Mindset(2 items)
by email@example.com updated about 4 days ago
- Things to Check Out(331 items)
by Tom_Hunt updated about 5 days ago
- TIS-2(251 items)
by TIS updated about a week ago
- Leadership list(37 items)
by josephhafner updated about 2 weeks ago
- Deborah Wolter(34 items)
by deewolter updated about 2 weeks ago