Records and correspondence
Early works to 1800
|所有的作者/貢獻者：||Trustees of the turnpike road from the town of Warminster in the county of Wilts to the city of Bath in the county of Somerset.; Post-1650 Manuscript Collection (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library); University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Rare Book & Manuscript Library.|
Title supplied by cataloger.
Binding: Originally bound in calf, gilt. Of this binding, only spine remains intact; boards missing. Front fly-leaf and first leaf had detached from the rest of the codex; they are bound in a pamphlet binder.
Origin: Copied mainly in Wiltshire and Somerset, between 1767 and 1790.
Provenance: Acquired 9 January 1920.
Shelf-mark: Urbana, IL, University of Illinois Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Post-1650 MS 0031.
Former shelf-mark: xq352.7W71m (University of Illinois Library).
|描述：||215 (+ 2 detached) leaves : paper ; 327 x 209 mm.|
The minutes from the meetings of the trustees of the turnpike road that ran between Warminster and Bath, dating from 15 September 1767 to 9 February 1790. Meetings took place mostly at the George and Woolpack Inns in Beckington, Somerset, and the Black Dog Inn in Standerwick, Wiltshire. Includes numerous wax seals.
- Trustees of the turnpike road from the town of Warminster in the county of Wilts to the city of Bath in the county of Somerset -- Records and correspondence.
- Corporate minutes -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
- Manuscripts, English -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.
- Toll roads -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century.
- Somerset (England) -- History -- Sources.
- Wiltshire (England) -- History -- Sources.