Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Preservation Society of Newport County.; Preservation Society of Newport County. Board of Trustees.|
|Language Note:||Materials in English.|
|Notes:||The material described in this catalog record is located in the collections of the Preservation Society of Newport County, Newport, R. I.
Minutes are ongoing.
|Description:||14.75 linear ft.|
Includes incorporation minutes, with signatures of the founding members and original officers. Minutes include decisions by the Board of Trustees, discussions about new properties being acquired, problems of maintenance, problems with the acquired White Horse Tavern, hiring practices, reports from staff departments, and overall, the pervading issue of finances. Subjects of interest include the first grant to the Preservation Society from Avalon Foundation (1960) which funded a study of downtown Newport and the first society capital campaign in 1973-1978.
- White Horse Tavern (Newport, R.I.)
- Avalon Foundation.
- Historic buildings -- Rhode Island -- Newport.
- Historic preservation -- Rhode Island -- Newport.
- Real property -- Rhode Island -- Newport.
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Rhode Island -- Newport.
- Fund raising -- Rhode Island -- Newport.
- Newport (R.I.) -- History -- Societies, etc.
- Newport County (R.I.) -- History -- Societies, etc.
- Associations, institutions, etc.
- Fund raising.
- Historic buildings.
- Historic preservation.
- Real property.
- Rhode Island -- Newport.
- Rhode Island -- Newport County.