Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Janes, J. Robert (Joseph Robert), 1935-
New York : D.I. Fine, ©1992
|Material Type:||Fiction, Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
J Robert Janes
|Description:||272 pages ; 22 cm|
|Responsibility:||by J. Robert Janes.|
Of the Gestapo, not one to follow orders blindly. Higher-ups in the German command order St-Cyr to solve the crime in two days, and Kohler to keep an eye on him. The two seeming opposites, facing bureaucratic pressure, both German and French, develop a grudging respect for each other, then overcome all odds to become friends and partners. Set in the nightclubs and couture houses that remain in a society ravaged by German occupation, Mirage - the first novel in a.
Projected series featuring St-Cyr and Kohler - is a riveting combination of deduction and psychological thriller that climaxes with a hair-raising denouement in a chateau on the Loire River.
- Kohler, Hermann (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Saint-Cyr, Jean-Louis (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Paris (France) -- History -- 1940-1944 -- Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- France -- Fiction.
- France -- History -- German occupation, 1940-1945 -- Fiction.
- Kohler, Hermann (Fictitious character)
- Saint-Cyr, Jean-Louis (Fictitious character)
- France -- Paris.