Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
California. Legislature. Senate. Committee on Governance and Finance.
Misappropriated bond proceeds at the Association of Bay Area Governments
|Material Type:||Government publication, State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||California. Legislature. Senate. Committee on Governance and Finance,|
|Notes:||"May 14, 2015."
"Last December, while conducting routine accounting, staff working for the City and County of San Francisco discovered that about $1.3 million of bond proceeds, which had been held for the city in accounts managed by a third-party trustee, had been unexpectedly withdrawn and disbursed in August, 2014 ... Towards the end of January 2015, these inquiries led officials to focus on the activities of Clarke Howatt, Finance Director for the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) ... The Chairman of the Senate Governance & Finance Committee ... directed the Committee to begin conducting oversight activities to ensure that monies raised through the sale of government bonds are safe from fraud, abuse and mismanagement"--Page 1.
|Description:||1 volume (various pagings) : illustrations, maps ; 28 cm|
|Responsibility:||prepared for the California State Senate Committee on Governance & Finance.|
- Association of Bay Area Governments -- Officials and employees -- Corrupt practices.
- Finance, Public -- Corrupt practices -- California -- San Francisco -- Prevention.
- Administrative agencies -- Corrupt practices -- California -- San Francisco -- Prevention.
- Finance, Public -- California -- San Francisco -- Accounting.
- Municipal bonds -- California -- San Francisco.
- Howatt, Clarke.