Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Albert V Bryan; Colgate W Darden; Horace Alfred Gray, Jr.; Walter Bramblette Martin|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Francis L Berkeley; John Lloyd Newcomb; John Cook Wyllie; University of Virginia. Board of Visitors.
Includes a report to the Board by its Committee on Student Affairs, 1954, which considered various student complaints including the East Lawn Incident; State U-ism; and President Darden's policies towards fraternities and a student activities center. The report concluded with a strong reaffirmation of confidence in Darden, a recommendation that Student Council be reorganized, and a restatement of the University's mission as a state university and the necessity of according students "all the freedom consistent with gentlemanly conduct, good moral behaviour and reasonably studious habits."
The collection also contains a memorial resolution of the death of Horace Alfred Gray, Jr., copies of certificates honoring the Board service of Albert V. Bryan and Walter B. Martin; and a list of names and addresses of Board members.
- Bryan, Albert V. -- (Albert Vickers), -- 1899-1984.
- Darden, Colgate W. -- (Colgate Whitehead), -- 1897-1981.
- Gray, Horace Alfred, -- Jr.
- Martin, Walter Bramblette.
- University of Virginia. -- Student Council.
- University of Virginia -- Students.
- Greek letter societies -- Virginia -- Charlottesville.
- Student unions -- Virginia -- Charlottesville.