도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
Richard Henry Sander; Stuart Taylor
|설명:||xix, 348 pages ; 25 cm|
|내용:||I. Introduction. The idea of mismatch and why it matters ; A primer on affirmative action --
II. Stirrings of mismatch. The discovery of the mismatch effect ; Law school mismatch ; The debate on law school mismatch ; The breadth of mismatch --
III. The California experiment : what happens after a legal ban on racial preferences? Proposition 209 : the high road and the low road ; The warming effect ; Mismatch and the swelling ranks of graduates ; The hydra of preferences : the evasion of prop 209 at the University of California --
IV. Law and ideology. Why academics avoid honest debate about affirmative action ; Media, politics, and the accountability void ; The Supreme Court : rewarding opacity ; The George Mason affair ; Transparency and the California Bar affair --
V. The way forward. Class, race, and the targeting of preferences ; Closing the test score gap: better parenting and K-12 education ; Conclusion.
|책임:||Richard Sander, Stuart Taylor, Jr.|
- Affirmative action programs in education -- United States.
- Discrimination in education -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Universities and colleges -- United States -- Admission.
- Educational equalization -- United States.
- Minorities -- Education (Higher) -- United States.
- Positieve actie.
- Hoger onderwijs.
- Affirmative action programs in education.
- Discrimination in education -- Law and legislation.
- Educational equalization.
- Minorities -- Education (Higher)
- Universities and colleges -- Admission.
- United States.