Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Andrew Chaikin; Victoria Kohl; Alan Bean
|Awards:||Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K-12, 2010|
|Description:||xi, 114 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 30 cm|
|Contents:||The sites of the Apollo Moon landings --
Apollo 101: a quick review --
A word from the artist --
Introduction: who were the astronauts? --
Apollo One --
Apollo Seven: when you gotta go, you gotta go --
Apollo Eight: all this and turkey, too --
Apollo Nine: the dark side of zero-G --
Apollo Ten: the Moon rocket --
Apollo Eleven: the group brain --
Apollo Twelve: clothes make the Moonwalker --
Apollo Thirteen: a last-minute swap --
Apollo Fourteen: lunar germs? --
Apollo Fifteen: live from the Moon --
Apollo Sixteen: left behind --
Apollo Seventeen: the Moon rocks (and what happened to them after they got to Earth) --
About the paintings --
The write stuff: how we wrote this book --
On research and sources --
|Other Titles:||Apollo :|
|Responsibility:||Andrew Chaikin, with Victoria Kohl ; [with paintings by] Alan Bean.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Very interesting and well written!
The book chronicals the true story of travel to the moon. The book also discusses specific events as they Happenned while on their voyages. The book is very interesting and well written. Grade level 4-6
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Project Apollo (U.S.) -- History -- Juvenile literature.
- Project Apollo (U.S.) -- History.
- Space flight to the moon -- History -- Juvenile literature.
- Astronautics -- United States -- Juvenile literature.
- Space flight to the moon -- Planning -- Juvenile literature.
- Space flight to the moon -- History.
- Astronautics -- United States.
- Space flight to the moon -- Planning.
- Space exploration.
- Project Apollo (U.S) -- History.