Trova una copia in biblioteca
Stiamo ricercando le biblioteche che possiedono questo documento…
|Genere/forma:||Early works to 1800|
|Informazioni aggiuntive sul formato:||Online version:
Missionary voyage to the southern Pacific Ocean.
London, Printed by S. Gosnell, for T. Chapman, 1799
|Persona incaricata:||James Wilson; William Wilson, Chief Mate of the Ship Duff|
|Tutti gli autori / Collaboratori:||
William Wilson, Chief Mate of the Ship Duff; James Wilson; Thomas Chapman; Samuel Gosnell; London Missionary Society,; Grover travel and exploration collection.
|Note:||"The body of the journal is the composition of Mr. William Wilson, from the captain's papers, his own, and the missionaries' reports."--Advertisement (unnumbered page 5 at beginning).
The voyage was sponsored by the Missionary Society, London. Compiled by William Wilson from his own journals and from those of Captain James Wilson and of other missionaries on the voyage. See: English short title catalogue.
Preliminary discourse anonymously written by Samuel Greatheed. See: Du Rietz, Rolf.
Signatures: a⁴, ²a² b-n⁴ o² B-Z⁴ AA-ZZ⁴ 3A-3I⁴.
Includes errata (unnumbered page 8 at beginning).
Includes list of subscribers (12 unnumbered pages at end).
|Descrizione:||12 unnumbered pages, c, 420 pages, 12 unnumbered pages, 6 unnumbered leaves of plates : illustrations, 7 maps (6 folded) ; 30 x 23 cm|
|Responsabilità:||compiled from journals of the officers and the missionaries ; and illustrated with maps, charts, and views, drawn by Mr. William Wilson, and engraved by the most eminent artists ; with a preliminary discourse on the geography and history of the South Sea Islands ; and an appendix, including details never before published, of the natural and civil state of Otaheite ; by a committee appointed for the purpose by the directors of the Missionary Society.|
- Duff (Ship)
- Missions -- Oceania -- Early works to 1800.
- Missions -- Polynesia -- Early works to 1800.
- Oceania -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Polynesia -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Tahiti (French Polynesia : Island) -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Wilson, James, -- 1759 or 1760-1814 -- Travel -- Oceania -- Early works to 1800.
- Wilson, William, -- Chief Mate of the Ship Duff -- Travel -- Oceania -- Early works to 1800.
- French Polynesia -- Tahiti (Island)
- OCEANIA -- DESCRIPCIONES Y VIAJES.
- MISIONES -- OCEANIA.