Trova una copia in biblioteca
Stiamo ricercando le biblioteche che possiedono questo documento…
|Genere/forma:||Early works to 1800|
|Informazioni aggiuntive sul formato:||Online version:
Missionary voyage to the southern Pacific Ocean.
London, Printed by S. Gosnell, for T. Chapman, 1799
|Persona incaricata:||James Wilson; William Wilson, Chief Mate of the Ship Duff|
|Tutti gli autori / Collaboratori:||
William Wilson, Chief Mate of the Ship Duff.; James Wilson; Thomas Chapman; Samuel Gosnell; London Missionary Society.
|Note:||"The body of the journal is the composition of Mr. William Wilson, from the captain's papers, his own, and the missionaries' reports."--Advertisement (p.  at beginning).
The voyage was sponsored by the Missionary Society, London. Compiled by William Wilson from his own journals and from those of Captain James Wilson and of other missionaries on the voyage. Cf. ESTC.
Preliminary discourse anonymously written by Samuel Greatheed. Cf. Du Rietz.
Signatures: a⁴, ²a² b-n⁴ o² B-Z⁴ AA-ZZ⁴ 3A-3I⁴.
Includes errata (p.  at beginning).
Includes list of subscribers ( p. at end).
|Riconoscimenti:||"Published for the benefit of the poor."|
|Descrizione:||, c, 420,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, 7 maps (6 folded) ; 30 x 23 cm|
|Responsabilità:||compiled from journals of the officers and the missionaries ; and illustrated with maps, charts, and views, drawn by Mr. William Wilson, and engraved by the most eminent artists ; with a preliminary discourse on the geography and history of the South Sea Islands ; and an appendix, including details never before published, of the natural and civil state of Otaheite ; by a committee appointed for the purpose by the directors of the Missionary society.|
- Duff (Ship)
- Missions -- Oceania -- Early works to 1800.
- Missions -- Polynesia -- Early works to 1800.
- Oceania -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Polynesia -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Tahiti (French Polynesia : Island) -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Wilson, James, -- 1759 or 1760-1814 -- Travel -- Oceania -- Early works to 1800.
- Wilson, William, -- Chief Mate of the Ship Duff -- Travel -- Oceania -- Early works to 1800.
- French Polynesia -- Tahiti (Island)
- OCEANIA -- DESCRIPCIONES Y VIAJES.
- MISIONES -- OCEANIA.