Leslie Burl McLemore; Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party.
|描述：||0.4 c.f. (1 archives box), 3 reels of microfilm (35 mm), and 1 filmstrip (35 mm).|
Records of the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party (MFDP) from 1962 to 1971. The collection consists of manuscripts and microfilmed documents illustrating the organization of the party, its two challenges and subsequent law suits, its voter registration and community organizing work, and Mississippi politics in general. Included are correspondence and printed mailings, statements, and press releases; legal documents; reports and general papers; the proceedings of the Credentials Committee of the Democratic National Convention; election and registration materials; newsclippings; newsletters; materials concerning related organizations; and copies of a masters' thesis and other term papers written about the MFDP by historian Leslie B. McLemore.
- United States. -- Congress -- Contested elections.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Mississippi.
- African Americans -- Political activity.
- Community organization -- Mississippi.
- Political participation -- Mississippi.
- Voter registration -- Mississippi.
- Mississippi -- Politics and government.