|提及的人：||Rosemary Moritz; Ian Neeson; Barry Hannah; David Malone; Lewis Nordan; Donna Tartt; Morgan Freeman|
|所有的作者/貢獻者：||Fat Tuesday Productions.; Filmakers Library, inc.|
|餘額：||Cinematographers, John Leuba, Chris Landy, Sam Henrigues ; editors, Claudia Hoover, Poppy Das ; music by Raymond Myles, Junior Kimbrough, R.L. Burnside, Mississippi Mass Choir.|
|描述：||1 videodisc (28 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.|
|其他題名：||Power of the place|
|責任：||Fat Tuesday Productions ; directed by Rosemary Moritz, Ian Neeson ; produced by Rosemary Moritz.|
Mississippi has always been known for its rich literary and musical heritage even though it also has the highest illiteracy rate of any state. It's been the home of William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, Tennessee Williams, and Muddy Waters. Today, a new generation of artists is emerging from this place that some say embodies the best of American culture, despite poverty and social ills. Through the artists profiled in this film, Barry Hannah (writer), David Malone (blues musician), Lewis Nordan (writer), Donna Tartt (writer) and Morgan Freeman (actor), we see how the spirit of place inspires their creativity.
- Mississippi -- Civilization -- 20th century.
- Influence (Literary, artistic, etc.)
- Authors, American -- Mississippi -- Interviews.
- Blues musicians -- Mississippi -- Interviews.
- Actors -- Mississippi -- Interviews.
- Moritz, Rosemary -- Interviews.
- Neeson, Ian -- Interviews.
- Hannah, Barry -- Interviews.
- Malone, David -- Interviews.
- Nordan, Lewis -- Interviews.
- Tartt, Donna -- Interviews.
- Freeman, Morgan -- Interviews.