Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||Autry Museum of Western Heritage.|
|Notes:||Title from cover.
Vol. 49, no. 3 (autumn 1999) of Montana.
|Description:||100 p. : ill., maps ; 28 cm.|
|Contents:||Golden dreams : Colorado, California, and the reimagining of America / Elliott West --
Disorder, crime, and punishment in the California gold rush / Martin Ridge --
"When a person gits [sic] to California it is hard to say or tell when he gets away" : why the forty-niners were reluctant to come home to the families they loved / Malcolm J. Rohrbough --
No need to rush : the Chinese, placer mining, and the western environment / Liping Zhu --
The legacy of the gold rush : an afterword / Martin Ridge --
Essays on the west : more than the glory : preserving the gold rush and its outcome at Virginia City / Ellen Baumler.
|Other Titles:||Special gold rush issue
- Gold mines and mining -- West (U.S.)
- Gold mines and mining -- California.
- Gold mines and mining -- Colorado.
- Gold mines and mining -- Montana.
- California -- Gold discoveries.
- Frontier and pioneer life -- California.
- Frontier and pioneer life -- West (U.S.)
- Chinese -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Gold miners -- California.
- Gold miners -- West (U.S.)
- Virginia City (Mont.)