|類型/形式：||Young adult fiction
|注意：||Map on lining papers.|
|描述：||296 p. : map ; 22 cm.|
Your mother hollers that you're going to miss the bus. She can see it coming down the street. You don't stop and hug her and tell her you love her. You don't thank her for being a good, kind, patient mother. Of course not -- you launch yourself down the stairs and make a run for the corner. Only, if it's the last time you'll ever see your mother, you sort of start to wish you'd stopped and did those things. Maybe even missed the bus. But the bus was barreling down our street, so I ran... Fourteen kids. One superstore. A million things that go wrong. In this novel, six high school kids (some popular, some not), two eighth graders (one a tech genius), and six little kids trapped together in a chain superstore build a refuge for themselves inside. While outside, a series of escalating disasters, beginning with a monster hailstorm and ending with a chemical weapons spill, seems to be tearing the world -- as they know it -- apart.
- Survival -- Juvenile fiction.
- Teenagers -- Juvenile fiction.
- Natural disasters -- Juvenile fiction.
- Cliques (Sociology) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Chemical spills -- Juvenile fiction.
- Chain stores -- Juvenile fiction.
- Discount houses (Retail trade) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Dystopias -- Juvenile fiction.
- Monument (Colo.) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Survival -- Fiction.
- Teenagers -- Fiction.