Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Edgar G Ulmer; Bud Harris; Cora Green; Izinetta Wilcox; Slim Thompson; Mathew Mathews; Donald Heywood; Oscar Micheaux; A Burton Russell; Hazel Diaz; Carman Newsome; Dorothy Van Engle; Alex Lovejoy; Larry Seymour; Amanda Randolph; Meteor Productions.; Alpha Home Entertainment (Firm)
|Language Note:||English language soundtrack.|
|Notes:||Moon over Harlem: originally issued as a motion picture in 1939.
Swing!: originally issued as a motion picture in 1938.
Swing! based on the story "Mandy."
|Credits:||Moon over Harlem: Photography, J. Burgi Contner, Edward Hyland ; editor, Jack Kent ; music, Donald Heywood, Lorenzo Calduel, Kenneth Macomber ; conductor, Donald Heywood.
Swing!: Photographer, Lester Lang ; editor, Patricia Ronney.
|Cast:||Moon over Harlem: Bud Harris, Cora Green, Izinetta Wilcox, Carl Gough, Slim Thompson.
Swing!: Cora Green, Hazel Diaz, Carmen Newsome, Dorothy Van Engle, Alec Lovejoy, Larry Seymour, Mandy Randolph.
|Target Audience:||MPAA rating: Not rated.|
|Description:||1 videodisc (138 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Contents:||Moon over Harlem / Meteor Productions Inc. ; original story by Mathew Mathews ; screenplay, Sherle Castle ; directed by Edgar G. Ulmer (1939, 69 min.) --
Swing! / A. Burton Russell presents ; written and directed by Oscar Micheaux (1938, 69 min.).
|Series Title:||Harlem double feature.|
Swing!: Ted Gregory is trying to become the first black producer to mount a show on Broadway but his star singer is getting in the way. When the singer breaks her leg in an accident, a wardrobe girl for Gregory steps up to fill in for the injured star.
- African Americans -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
- Widows -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
- Racketeering -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
- Theatrical producers and directors -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
- African American women singers -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
- Man-woman relationships -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.) -- Drama.
- Broadway (New York, N.Y.) -- Drama.
- African American women singers.
- African Americans.
- Man-woman relationships.
- Theatrical producers and directors.
- New York (State) -- New York.
- New York (State) -- New York -- Broadway.
- New York (State) -- New York -- Harlem.