Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Awards:||Man Booker Prize for Fiction, 1987.|
|Description:||208 pages ; 22 cm|
|Contents:||The elderly Claudia Hampton, a best-selling author of popular history, lies alone in a London hospital bed. Memories of her life still glow in her fading consciousness, but she imagines writing a history of the world. Instead, Moon Tiger is her own history, the life of a strong independent woman, with its often contentious relations with family and friends. At its center --
forever frozen in time, the still point of her turning world --
is the cruelly truncated affair with Tom, a British tank commander whom Claudia knew as a reporter in Egypt during World War II.
|Responsibility:||by Penelope Lively.|
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Egypt -- Fiction.
- Terminally ill -- Fiction.
- Women historians -- Fiction.
- British -- Egypt -- Fiction.
- Egypt -- Fiction.
- Terminally ill.
- Women historians.
User lists with this item (5)
- Man Booker Prize for Fiction (British Commonwealth)(50 items)
by dordtlibrary updated about a week ago
- Award Winners in Fiction(106 items)
by cwilibrary updated 2014-04-30
- book group reads(31 items)
by pdmont updated 2011-09-01
- Man Booker Prize winners and finalists(262 items)
by I-UNIVLIB updated 2009-11-01
- Year Three in Review(12 items)
by MoscowBookGroup updated 2009-08-08