Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xii, 268 pages ; 23 cm|
|Contents:||The petty and the profound: what they write to Ms. Mentor --
Stewing in graduate school --
Foraging for an academic job --
Love and sex in academia --
You're hired! early years in a strange new world --
The fine and quirky art of teaching --
Working and playing well with others --
Questions great and small --
The tenure trek --
What is life after tenure? --
Are you the retiring type? --
Daring to create your own life.
"The book is bursting with questions that bring on a knowing nod, and the sly Ms Mentor has a lot of cheeky answers, delivered with perfect look-down-her-nose-and-smirk sarcasm."-Times Higher
- Women college teachers -- United States -- Miscellanea.
- Women graduate students -- United States -- Miscellanea.
- Women college teachers -- United States -- Social conditions.
- Women graduate students -- United States -- Social conditions.
- Women college teachers -- United States -- Conduct of life.
- Women graduate students -- United States -- Conduct of life.