Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Material Type:||Biography, Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||1 online resource ( pages) : illustrations, portraits, digital file|
|Contents:||1. Murder at Gibraltar Point: The Lighthouse Keeper --
2. Catherine Snow: Petit Treason --
3. Dr. William Henry King: A Gradual and Painful Death --
4. The Harvey Murders: Out of Love --
5. The Heslop Murder: Thieves in the Night --
6. Hugh Lynn: The Savary Island Murders --
7. The Lacroix Murders: Rough Night for the Hangman --
8. The Atkinson Murder: Let the Damn Fool Hang! --
9. Sinnisiak and Uluksuk: The Missionary Murders --
10. The Booher Murders: The Mind Reader --
11. Larocque and Lavictoire: A Policy of Murder --
12. Bill Newell: The Silk Stocking Murder.
The researched chapters tell the stories behind some of Canada's most fascinating murder cases, from colonial times to the 20th century, and from the Atlantic provinces, to the West Coast, and up to the Arctic. You'll meet John Paul Radellmuller, the Gibraltar Point lighthouse keeper whose murder remains an unsolved mystery; wife-killer Dr. William Henry King; and Sinnisiak and Uluksuk, Inuit hunters whose trial for the murder of two priests became a national sensation. Butts also profiles the investigators who tracked the killers down, and in some cases sent them to the gallows in this collection of true tales that range from shocking and macabre to downright weird. --Book Jacket.
Retrieving notes about this item