Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Ben Jonson; Lewis Carroll; David Thompson Watson McCord; Irene Orgel|
|Document Type:||Sound Recording|
|Music Type:||Songs; Unknown; Sonatas|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Irving Fine; Gregg Smith; Raymond Beegle; Ida Kavafian; Eunice Alberts; Ben Jonson; David Thompson Watson McCord; Irene Orgel; Lewis Carroll; Gregg Smith Singers.
|Notes:||Title from container spine.
Vocal selections sung in English.
Originally released on CRI SD 376 (1st-4th works), CRI SD 508 (5th work), and CRI SD 106 (6th work).
Compact disc; analog recording.
Program and biographical notes by Vivian Fine and texts (15 p.)--in container.
|Performer(s):||Gregg Smith Singers ; Gregg Smith, conductor (1st-4th works) ; Raymond Beegle, piano (3rd-4th works) ; Ida Kavafian, violin (5th work) ; Eunice Alberts, mezzo-soprano (6th work) ; Irving Fine, piano (5th-6th works).|
|Description:||1 audio disc (72:34) : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Contents:||The hour-glass / poems by Ben Jonson (14:51) --
Three choruses from Alice in Wonderland : first series (9:24) / text by Lewis Carroll--
Three choruses from Alice in Wonderland : second series / text by Lewis Carroll ; adapted by Irving Fine (7:32) --
McCord's menagerie : four variations for male voices / poems by David McCord (5:22) --
Sonata for violin and piano (21:02) --
Mutability : a cycle of songs for mezzo-soprano and piano / poems by Irene Orgel (13:40).
|Series Title:||CRI American masters.|
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices, 8 parts), Unaccompanied.
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices, 4 parts) with piano.
- Choruses, Secular (Women's voices, 3 parts) with piano.
- Choruses, Secular (Men's voices, 3 parts), Unaccompanied.
- Sonatas (Violin and piano)
- Songs (Medium voice) with piano.
- Jonson, Ben, -- 1573?-1637 -- Musical settings.
- Carroll, Lewis, -- 1832-1898 -- Musical settings.
- McCord, David Thompson Watson, -- 1897-1997 -- Musical settings.
- Orgel, Irene -- Musical settings.