Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Dale F Eickelman; James P Piscatori
|Notes:||"With a new preface by the authors."
Previous edition: 1996.
|Description:||xix, 235 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||1. What is Muslim politics? --
2. The invention of tradition in Muslim politics --
3. Sacred authority in contemporary Muslim societies --
4. The "firmest tie" and the ties that bind : the politics of family and ethnicity --
5. Protest and bargaining in Muslim politics --
6. Muslim politics : a changing political geography.
|Series Title:||Princeton studies in Muslim politics.|
|Responsibility:||Dale F. Eickelman and James Piscatori.|
"Despite the continuing avalanche of books on Islamic politics, there is still a need for a succinct, sane, up-to-date overview of the subject. Here it is... An excellent and much-needed