|提及的人：||Sonia Sotomayor; Sonia Sotomayor|
|語言註釋：||In English; some text in Spanish.|
|注意：||"This is a Borzoi book."--Title page verso.|
|描述：||ix, 315 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm|
At home --
Gilmar's goodbyes --
Trips to Puerto Rico --
Papi's death --
El luto --
Celina's story --
Diabetes, Nancy Drew, Perry Mason --
Middle school --
Transition to CSHS, first job --
Co-op city / high school --
Forensics club, Celina starts hostos --
College dreams --
Abuelita's death --
Puerto Rican identity --
Pyne prize, graduation, wedding --
Morgenthau recruiting --
D.A.'s office : learning the ropes --
Found families --
Child porn, Tarzan, Nelson's death --
PRLDEF, pro bono --
Pavia and Harcourt --
Diabetes, personal growth --
"An instant American icon--the first Hispanic on the U.S. Supreme Court--tells the story of her life before becoming a judge in an inspiring, surprisingly personal memoir. With startling candor and intimacy, Sonia Sotomayor recounts her life from a Bronx housing project to the federal bench, a progress that is testament to her extraordinary determination and the power of believing in oneself. She writes of her precarious childhood and the refuge she took with her passionately spirited paternal grandmother. She describes her resolve as a young girl to become a lawyer, and how she made this dream become reality: valedictorian of her high school class, summa cum laude at Princeton, Yale Law, prosecutor in the Manhattan D.A.'s office, private practice, federal district judge before the age of forty. She writes about her deeply valued mentors, about her failed marriage, about her cherished family of friends. Through her still-astonished eyes, America's infinite possibilities are envisioned anew in this warm and honest book, destined to become a classic of self-discovery and self-invention, alongside Barack Obama's Dreams from My Father."--
- Sotomayor, Sonia, -- 1954-
- Hispanic American judges -- Biography.
- Hispanic American women -- Biography.
- Judges -- United States -- Biography.
- United States. -- Supreme Court -- Officials and employees -- Biography.
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY -- Personal Memoirs.
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY -- Lawyers & Judges.
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY -- Women.
- United States. -- Supreme Court.
- Hispanic American judges.
- Hispanic American women.
- United States.
- Hispanic Heritage(20 資料)
由 mvclibrary 已更新 2015-09-28
- Latino/Hispanic Heritage Month(125 資料)
由 askgrafton 已更新 2015-09-17
- Things to Check Out(5 資料)
由 khorenst 已更新 2015-04-25
- 2015 Women's History Month(25 資料)
由 dkrexon 已更新 2015-04-04
- Spring 2015 Library Associates Suggestions(54 資料)
由 MikkLib07 已更新 2015-03-16