Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Leslie D Farrell; Lynne Thigpen; Blackside, Inc.; PBS Video.
|Notes:||Originally broadcast as a segment of: America's war on poverty.|
|Credits:||Director of photography, Michael Chin ; editor, Betty Ciccarelli ; narrator, Lynne Thigpen.|
|Performer(s):||Narrated by Lynne Thigpen.|
|Description:||1 videocassette (57 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.|
|Contents:||The Nixon Administration and the National Welfare Rights Organization (NWRO) bring the nation to the brink of overhauling the federal social security system and replacing welfare with a guaranteed income for all citizens. When it appears the guaranteed income will be quite low, the NWRO joins an alliance of conservatives and liberals to defeat the proposed legislation.|
|Other Titles:||America's war on poverty (Television program)|
|Responsibility:||a production of Blackside ; produced, directed, and written by Leslie D. Farrell.|
- Poverty -- United States.
- Poor -- United States.
- Economic assistance, Domestic -- United States.
- National Welfare Rights Organization (U.S.)
- Guaranteed annual income -- United States.
- United States -- Social conditions -- 1960-1980.
- United States -- Economic conditions -- 1961-1971.
- Films for the hearing impaired.
- Economic assistance, Domestic.
- Economic history.
- Guaranteed annual income.
- Social history.
- United States.