Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Elementary and junior high school, Fiction|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Awards:||Michael L. Printz Honor for Excellence in Young Adult Literature, 2003.|
|Description:||154 pages ; 22 cm.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
A nice addition to any older kids library.
The story takes on the issue of homosexuality in two senior boys and one's little (fourteen year old brother) sister with great sensitivity. Parents are strong and honestly written- the mother wanting her boy to be happy, the father trying to change him with the lure of money....
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Brothers and sisters -- Fiction.
- Homosexuality -- Fiction.
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction.
- Family life -- Fiction.
- Homosexuality -- Juvenile fiction.
- Brothers and sisters -- Juvenile fiction.
- Families -- Juvenile fiction.
- Interpersonal relations -- Juvenile fiction.
- Brothers and sisters.
- Interpersonal relations.
User lists with this item (6)
- Printz Award(76 items)
by sarahridinger updated about 2 weeks ago
- YA - Printz Winners and Honor Books(67 items)
by FVRL_booklists updated 2014-01-28
- To Read: Young Adult(19 items)
by abass updated 2013-03-13
- LGBTQ Lit: Speaking Out(28 items)
by aspringer updated 2012-06-26
- queer elementary and junior high fiction(32 items)
by meshall updated 2009-06-09