Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Fiction, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Orhan Pamuk; Erdağ M Göknar
|ISBN:||0375406956 9780375406959 0375706852 9780375706851|
|Description:||xv, 417 pages : map ; 24 cm|
|Other Titles:||Benim adım Kırmızı.|
|Responsibility:||Orhan Pamuk ; translated from the Turkish by Erdağ M. Göknar.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Murder and the Neoplatonic Theory of Art, ELC review
To me, this book is a fine balance between the western conventions of the novel and what I take to be elements and themes from the Ottoman cultural tradition. It also balances between a plot that can keep me engaged (a murder mystery and love story) and neoplatonic meditations on the nature...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Illumination of books and manuscripts -- Fiction.
- Islam and art -- Fiction.
- Istanbul (Turkey) -- Fiction.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts.
- Islam and art.
- Turkey -- Istanbul.
User lists with this item (12)
- Literature, Southwest Asian + North African(112 items)
by robwithers updated 2016-05-28
- Works by Nobel Prize in Literature Winners 2000-2006(54 items)
by BritGib updated 2016-02-27
- Things to Check Out(1 items)
by Cacornell updated 2015-07-26
- To read(394 items)
by lisadriver updated 2015-01-15
- Mystery(67 items)
by Delamern updated 2014-02-19