Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Adye, John, Sir, 1857-1930.
Napoleon of the snows.
London : Nash & Grayson, 1931
|Named Person:||Napoleon, Emperor of the French; Napoleon, Emperor of the French; Napoleon, Emperor of the French|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Adye, Sir; Edmund Henry Hynman Allenby Allenby, Viscount
|Notes:||"A detailed account of Bonaparte's daily movements and activities from the sixth of May 1800 ... to the fourteenth of June in the same year, when he fought the battle of Marengo ... I do not pretend to give a complete history of the operations of that army or a criticism of their conduct; my object is rather to show the workings of the Napoleonic mind in that brief but pregnant period and in the months of preparation that preceded it."--Preface.|
|Description:||279 pages,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : portraits, map ; 24 cm|
|Responsibility:||by Sir John Adye ; with an introduction by Viscount Allenby.|
- Napoleon -- I, -- Emperor of the French, -- 1769-1821 -- Military leadership.
- Napoleonic Wars, 1800-1815 -- Campaigns -- Italy.
- Marengo, Battle of, Marengo, Italy, 1800.
- Napoleon -- I -- Emperor of the French, -- 1769-1821.
- Napoleon -- I, -- Emperor of the French, -- 1769-1821.
- Military campaigns.
- Military leadership.
- Italy -- Marengo.