Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||William Wells Brown; William Wells Brown|
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William Wells Brown; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Documenting the American South (Project); University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Library.
|Notes:||Title from TEI header.
"The electronic edition is a part of the UNC-CH digitization project, Documenting the American South, or the Southern Experience in 19th-century America."
Text accompanied by 4 speeches Brown gave during a tour in England (Adapted from "The Black Abolitionist Papers: Vol. I: The British Isles, 1830-1865," edited by C Peter Ripley, et al. c1985): Delivered at the Lecture Hall, Craydon, England, 5 September 1849 -- Delivered at the Concert Rooms, Store Street, London, England, 27 September 1849 -- Delivered at the Hall of Commerce, London, England, 1 August 1851 -- Delivered at the Town Hall, Manchester, England, 1 August 1854.
"Scanned text is corrected and encoded by Natalia Smith."
|Details:||Mode of access: PC with modem or direct Internet connection; World Wide Web browser; Panorama for SGML files.|
- Brown, William Wells, -- 1814?-1884.
- African Americans -- Biography.
- Slaves -- Missouri -- Biography.
- Fugitive slaves -- United States -- Biography.
- Plantation life -- Missouri -- History -- 19th century.
- Slavery -- Missouri -- History -- 19th century.
- Slave trade -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Slaves' writings, American -- Missouri.
- Brown, William Wells, -- 1814?-1884
- African Americans.
- Fugitive slaves.
- Plantation life.
- Slave trade.
- Slaves' writings, American.
- United States.