Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Ida Straus; Isidor Straus; Nathan Straus; Oscar S Straus|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Nathan Straus; Aaron Aaronsohn; Joseph Barondess; Arthur Brisbane; Hugh J Grant; Lina Gutherz Straus; Henrietta Szold
|Language Note:||in German and French.|
|Description:||13 linear feet (26 boxes, 19 v.)|
Topics include milk pasteurization, tuberculosis prevention, Zionism, public health, infant mortality, and relief for earthquake victims in Italy in 1909. Writings consist of manuscript, typescript and printed speeches and articles by Straus on milk pasteurization and tuberculosis. Scrapbooks contain letters, documents, photographs, and printed materials documenting Straus's political and business careers, his philanthropic activities, his interest in trotting horses, and family and personal matters including the deaths of his brother and sister-in-law, Isidor and Ida Straus, on the Titanic in 1912.
- Straus, Ida.
- Straus, Isidor.
- Straus, Nathan, -- 1848-1931.
- Straus, Oscar S. -- (Oscar Solomon), -- 1850-1926.
- Federation of American Zionists.
- Lakewood Hotel and Land Association (Lakewood, N.J.)
- Macy's (Firm)
- Nathan Straus Pasteurized Milk Laboratory.
- Titanic (Steamship)
- Tuberculosis Preventorium for Children.
- Universiṭah ha-ʻIvrit bi-Yerushalayim.
- Zionist Organization of America.
- Agricultural colonies -- Palestine.
- Earthquakes -- Italy.
- Jewish farmers -- Palestine.
- Harness racehorses.
- Infants -- Mortality.
- Milk -- Pasteurization.
- Public health -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Tuberculosis -- Prevention.
- Zionists -- United States -- Societies, etc.