Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.|
|Notes:||Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2004-10-30.|
|Details:||Mode of access: Intranet.|
|Contents:||Part 1: Prison Admissions; Part 2: Prison Releases; Part 3: Parole Releases; Part 4: Codebook for All Parts (PDF); Part 5: SAS Data Definition Statements for All Parts; Part 6: SPSS Data Definition Statements for All Parts|
|Series Title:||ICPSR (Series), 6141.|
|Responsibility:||United States Department of Justice. Bureau of Justice Statistics|
This study was conducted to provide a consistent and comprehensive description of convicted persons' entrance into and departure from correctional custody and correctional supervision. To accomplish this goal, data were gathered from official state prison records on topics such as race, sex, and age of inmates, length of time in jail, length of time in prison, and type of offense committed. The data were collected from the state prison systems of 35 states, as well as the Federal Prison System, the California Youth Authority, and the District of Columbia.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Corrections -- United States -- Statistics.
- Prisoners -- United States -- Statistics.
- Parole -- United States -- Statistics.
- Criminal statistics -- United States.
- Correctional facilities.
- Correctional facilities (juvenile)
- Correctional system.
- Demographic characteristics.
- Federal correctional facilities.
- Jail inmates.
- Juvenile offenders.
- National crime statistics (USA)
- Prison inmates.
- State correctional facilities.
- XVII. SOCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND BEHAVIOR -- E. Crime and the Criminal Justice System -- ICPSR XVII.E. -- NACJD III -- NACJD III. Corrections
- Criminal statistics.
- United States.