|関連の人物：||Leon J Davis; Larry Fox; Elliott Godoff; Lillian Godoff; Frank D Hurt; Martin Luther King; William B Lewis; Robert Muehlenkamp; Nelson A Rockefeller; Howard Small; Doris Turner|
|すべての著者/寄与者：||National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees.|
|公開場所：||National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees|
|物理形態：||1 transcript (71 p.)|
The interview with Lillian Godoff includes discussion of her late husband's personal background; his education at Cornell and Columbia Universities; his position as a pharmacist at Maimonides Hospital; his membership in communist groups; his organizing activities with the United Public Workers of America and the Teamsters; his personal political outlook, personality, organizing and decision-making style; the relationship of Godoff with Jack Beagle, Frank Hurt and Bill Lewis; his contacts with black and minority workers; and Godoff's and Leon Davis' early contacts and the decision to organize hospital workers.
Elliott Godoff's views on industrial unionism are discussed, as are union politics, the goal of organizing hospital workers nationally, changes in 1199's structure due to growth of the union; Godoff's relationship with Nelson A. Rockefeller; his participation in the Charleston, S.C. strike and his relationship with Martin Luther King; the decision to establish the Guild of Professional Workers and the problems of organizing blue and white collar workers; his relationships with and training of Bob Muehlenkamp, Doris Turner, Henry Nicholas, Larry Fox, and Howard Small; a comparison of Godoff's and Leon Davis' leadership styles and their relationship; the policy of promoting rank and file members to leadership; the method of assessing leadership potential in union organizers, and the union's relations with black militant groups.
- Davis, Leon J. -- (Leon Julius), -- 1907-
- Fox, Larry.
- Godoff, Elliott.
- Godoff, Lillian.
- Hurt, Frank D.
- King, Martin Luther.
- Lewis, William B.
- Muehlenkamp, Robert.
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. -- (Nelson Aldrich), -- 1908-1979.
- Small, Howard.
- Turner, Doris.
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Chauffeurs, Warehousemen, and Helpers of America.
- Maimonides Hospital (Brooklyn, New York, N.Y.)
- National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees. -- District 1199.
- United Public Workers of America.
- Black militant organizations -- United States.
- Charleston Medical College Hospital Strike, Charleston, S.C., 1969.
- Labor unions and communism.