도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|추가적인 물리적 형식:||Online version:
New York : HarperCollins, c1997
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
|설명:||xv, 381 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.|
Based on intensive research and incontrovertible evidence, Nazi Gold is the last dramatic chapter in the history of the Holocaust. Tom Bower, a distinguished British investigative historian, reveals for the first time in full the despicable role played by Swiss banks and the Swiss government in exploiting World War II and the persecution of the Jews to their financial advantage. He describes how Swiss industries manufactured and sold military equipment to the Germans during the war at a substantial profit, then after the war cynically turned away survivors and heirs of victims of the Holocaust with lies, obfuscation, and impossible-to-satisfy demands for proof of relationship to deceased depositors.
Drawing on a wealth of previously unpublished and sensational source material, as well as interviews with many individuals on all sides of the controversy, Bower is also able to re-create important and secret meetings and telephone conversations that are often astounding in the bluntness of their revelations.
- Banks and banking -- Corrupt practices -- Switzerland -- History -- 20th century.
- Foreign bank accounts -- Switzerland -- History -- 20th century.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)
- Jewish property -- Switzerland.
- Jews -- Europe -- Claims.
- Nachrichtenloses Vermögen
- Banks and banking -- Corrupt practices -- Switzerland -- History -- 20th century
- Foreign bank accounts -- Switzerland -- History -- 20th century
- Jewish property -- Switzerland
- Jews -- Europe -- Claims
- Banks and banking -- Corrupt practices.
- Foreign bank accounts.
- Jewish property.