Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Eugen Kogon; Hermann Langbein; Adalbert Rückerl
|Description:||xiii, 289 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||1. Introduction. Revealing the Historical Truth. The Evidence --
2. A Coded Language. Sonderbehandlung (Special Treatment). The Gradual Change in Terminology. "Resettlement" and "Deportation" Rewards for "Special Missions" --
3. "Euthanasia" The Racist Objective. The Introduction of the Killing Procedures. Hitler Gives Written Powers to Kill. Executors of the Orders. More Code Names. The "Euthanasia" Facilities. Notification and Registration Procedures. The Review Commissions. The Evaluation Procedure. The Transfer. The Killing Procedures. Certification and "Condolences" Acquisition and Storage of the Lethal Substances. Treatment of Jewish Mental Patients. Suspension of "Operation T4" in August 1941. "Wild Euthanasia" The Number of "Euthanasia" Victims. Killings in the Pomeranian, East Prussian, and Polish Facilities. Convoys of Invalids from Concentration Camps. Letters about "Very, Very Interesting Work" Transfers to "Convalescent Camps" Orders and Counterorders to the End. The Number of Victims of "Operation 14 f 13" --
4. Killings in the Gas Vans behind the Front. Testing the New Killing Procedure. Technical Improvements "Based on Experience" Gas Vans in the Eastern Territories (Reichskomissariat Ostland). Murders in the Ukraine. Murders from the Crimea to the Caucasus. Gas Vans in Yugoslavia and Eastern Poland --
5. The Stationary Gas Vans at Kulmhof. The Planning. Building the Camp. The Camp Staff. The Delivery of the Victims. The Route to the Gas Vans. The Gassing. "Jewish Work Details" Jews and Non-Jews. The Sonderkommando Leaves Kulmhof. The Resumption of the Killing Operations. The End --
6. "Operation Reinhard": Gas Chambers in Eastern Poland. The Personnel of "Operation Reinhard" The Construction of the Belzec Extermination Center. The Construction of the Sobibor Extermination Center. The Construction of the Treblinka Extermination Center. The Deportations. Belzec - 17 March to June 1942. Sobibor - May to July 1942. Treblinka - 23 July to 28 August 1942. The Construction of Larger Gas Chambers. In Belzec. The Gerstein Report. In Treblinka. In Sobibor. The Attempt to Remove the Traces. The Liquidation of the Camps --
7. Auschwitz. Testimony of Members of the SS. Testimony of Former Prisoners. The First Gassings. The Birkenau "Bunkers" The Selection Process. The Perfected Gas Chambers at Birkenau. The Civilian Suppliers Knew. More of the Usual Code Words. The Organizers Explain. The Prisoners Confirm. The Difficulties Arising from Too Many Corpses. The Last Months --
8. Gassings in Other Concentration Camps. Maidanek. Mauthausen. Sachsenhausen. The Women's Camp at Ravensbruck. Stutthof. Neuengamme. Natzweiler-Struthof. Building X at Dachau: A Special Case --
9. The Two Poison Gases --
10. How It Was Possible --
App. 1. Comparative List of SS and Military Ranks --
App. 2. Letter to Rauff from the SS Reich Security Main Office --
App. 3. Map of the Sobibor Extermination Center --
App. 4. Map of the Treblinka Extermination Center --
App. 5. Plan of Crematorium II at Auschwitz --
App. 6. Plan of Bunker 2 at Auschwitz-Birkenau, Drawn by Szlama Dragon --
App. 7. Facsimile of a Contractor's Daily Report from Auschwitz --
App. 8. Map Showing "Euthanasia" Facilities, Concentration Camps, and Extermination Centers --
App. 9. Map of Gas-Van Operations.
|Other Titles:||Nationalsozialistische Massentötungen durch Giftgas.|
|Responsibility:||edited by Eugen Kogon, Hermann Langbein, and Adalbert Rückerl ; editor's notes and foreword to the English-language edition by Pierre Serge Choumoff ; translated by Mary Scott and Caroline Lloyd-Morris.|
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Atrocities.
- Murder -- Germany.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German.
- Jews -- Genocide
- Nationalsozialistisches Verbrechen.
- Drittes Reich.