Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Cards (information artifacts)
Clippings (information artifacts)
Schedules (time plans)
|Named Person:||Nelson Korb|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||In University Archives, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802 (#MGN 368).|
The scrapbook includes memorabilia from a variety of athletic teams, including the baseball and football teams, from 1917 to 1921. Some of these materials include team rosters and schedules, certificates for Korb's participation on the varsity football and baseball teams, tickets from sporting events, and photographs of the teams and players. There are also photographs of football sendoffs and victory bonfires as well as "excused absence" cards for Korb as a member of the baseball, football, and basketball teams. Korb also includes several newspaper clippings documenting the success of the football and baseball teams.
In addition to athletics, Korb also includes photographs of several student groups and activities. Groups include the Pi Kappa Alpha, the student tribunal, the student government board council, Parmi Nous, the Lion's Paw, Sphinx, Skull and Bones, all of which Korb was a member. Student activities include Pennsylvania Day and Commencement Day house parties, class scraps (push-ball, tie-up, and tug-of-war), poverty day, and the pajama parade.
- Korb, Nelson -- Archives.
- Pennsylvania State College -- Alumni and alumnae -- Archives.
- Pennsylvania State College -- Buildings -- Photographs.
- Pennsylvania State College -- History -- Sources.
- Pennsylvania State College -- Photographs.
- Pennsylvania State College -- Sports -- History -- Sources.
- Pennsylvania State College -- Sports -- Photographs.
- Pennsylvania State College -- Students -- Archives.
- Pennsylvania State College -- Students -- Photographs.
- Engineering Building (University Park, Pa.) -- Fires, 1919 -- Photographs.