Films for the hearing impaired
|提及的人：||Andrew Goodman; Michael Henry Schwerner; James Earl Chaney; Edgar Ray Killen|
Micki Dickoff; Tony Pagano; First-Run Features (Firm)
|語言註釋：||In English. Subtitled in English for the deaf and hard of hearing [SDH].|
|注意：||Bonus features: "Get on board" short films; courtroom footage.|
|餘額：||Co-producer, Christie Webb ; music, Chris Davis ; writer, Micki Dickoff ; director of photography, Tony Pagano.|
|表演者：||Edgar Ray Killen, interviewee.|
|針對讀者群：||MPAA rating: Not rated.|
|描述：||1 videodisc (87 min.) : sd., color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.|
|詳述：||DVD; Region 1.|
|内容：||Last seen alive --
Call for justice --
Domestic terrorists --
Sleeping dogs --
Partial prosecution --
Edgar Ray Killen --
Jury selection --
The trial --
The verdict --
|責任：||First Run Features presents a Pro Bono and Pagano production ; produced and directed by Micki Dickoff and Tony Pagano.|
Neshoba: the price of freedom tells the story of a Mississippi town still divided about the meaning of justice, 40 years after the murders of civil rights workers James Chaney, Andrew Goodman and Michael Schwerner, an event dramatized in the Oscar-winning film Mississippi Burning. Although Klansmen bragged about what they did in 1964, no one was held accountable until 2005, when the State indicted preacher Edgar Ray Killen, an 80-year-old notorious racist and mastermind of the murders. Through exclusive interviews with Killen, intimate interviews with the victims' families, and candid interviews with black and white Neshoba county citizens still struggling with their town's violent past, the film explores whether the prosecution of one unrepentant Klansman constitutes justice and whether healing and reconciliation are possible without telling the unvarnished truth--Container.
- Trials (Murder) -- Mississippi -- Neshoba County -- History -- 20th century.
- Goodman, Andrew, -- 1943-1964.
- Schwerner, Michael Henry, -- 1939-1964.
- Chaney, James Earl, -- 1943-1964.
- Killen, Edgar Ray -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Mississippi.
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights workers -- Crimes against -- Mississippi -- Neshoba County -- History -- 20th century.
- Neshoba County (Miss.) -- Race relations.