|提及的人：||Neville Chamberlain; Neville Chamberlain; Neville Chamberlain; Neville Chamberlain|
|描述：||volumes <1> : illustrations ; 25 cm|
|内容：||v. 1. Pioneering and reform, 1869-1929.|
This first volume tells the story of the first sixty years of Chamberlain's life. As well as his role in national politics, it covers his endeavours to prove himself in a different sphere by building up his business concerns in Birmingham, and through service to the city. Chamberlain's family letters and diaries are freely drawn upon. There is much material about Chamberlain's personal relations with his half-brother Austen, Lloyd George, Baldwin and Churchill. Chamberlain is revealed as a figure of wide culture, many international connections, and much reserve in his personal dealings, but with astonishing energy and resourcefulness in administration and boldness in policy.
- Chamberlain, Neville, -- 1869-1940.
- Prime ministers -- Great Britain -- Biography.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1837-1901.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
- Premiers ministres -- Grande-Bretagne -- Biographies.
- Grande-Bretagne -- Politique et gouvernement -- 1837-1901.
- Grande-Bretagne -- Politique et gouvernement -- 20e siècle.
- Politics and government
- Prime ministers.
- Great Britain.